- Cable Description: Premium 8/2 Landscape Lighting Wire
- Brand: Duraflex® from Syston Cable Technology
- Conductor: Stranded Bare Copper
- Number of Conductors: 2 (parallel, one leg has raised ridges for polarity)
- Size: 8 AWG
- Insulation: Premium Polyolefin (Sun Res & RoHS Compliant)
- Conductor Color Code: Black
- Nominal Cable Diameter (in): 0.295 x 0.587
- Temperature Rating (°F):
- Installation: -4 to +140 Storage & Operation: -40 to +140
- Lengths available: 500 ft, 1000 ft
- Color options: Black
- Custom cable constructions, lengths, colors, and packaging are available.
- Splicing Recommendations: Model DBR/Y-6, manufactured by the 3M company, or Silicone-filled wire nuts as manufactured by IDEAL Industries
With the wide variety of wires Syston Cable Technology carries, you are sure to find a Landscape Lighting Wire well-suited to even the most challenging application.
So, if you want high-quality cables for your outdoor lighting application, our premium 12/2 landscape lighting wire is UV-resistant, heavy-gauge, and durable, so it’ll last years even out in the hot sun. And better yet, you can lay it directly in contact with bare soil, so it’s great for lighting applications that need underground wiring as well. Plus it comes with convenient features like clear print legend and E-Z footage markings to make installation an absolute breeze. Order yours now.
If you have any questions about our products or services, please feel free to contact us via our website or Facebook page.
Our premium landscape lighting wire has many strengths:
- Can be installed underground, directly in contact with the soil, including in wet locations, so you can use it no matter your conditions
- Flexible and easy to strip, so you or your customers can easily install it, even around tight corners
- Insulated/Jacketed conductors duplexed in a flat construction for easy tear-down during installation, one leg has raised polarity ridges for positive circuit identification
- RhinoPac® packaging, so the cable won’t get crushed or damaged by water during transport or storage, and so it’s easy to hold the box while you’re installing the cable
- Ascending and descending E-Z footage markings, so there’s no need for a measuring tape during installation
- Sunlight-resistant (it complies with the UL 1581 standard in regard to resistance to sunlight in outdoor installations)
- Flame-retardant jacket, for peace of mind in case of fire
- RoHS compliant, so you can rest easy knowing it doesn’t contain hazardous substances that could harm you, your employees, or your customers (more information about this is in our Green Leaf Label)
- Third-party verified for guaranteed performance, so it will stand up to your needs or those of your customers
- Operates in a wide range of temperatures, so this cable is suitable for installation anywhere outdoors in any part of North America
- Versatile applications including all outdoor lighting types, such as accent lighting, landscape lighting, and security lighting
Our premium landscape lighting wire complies with the following national and international standards:
- UL Standard: UL 1493, CSA STD C22.2 No.35
- Flame Rating: UL 1685 Vertical Tray
- ASTM B-3 & B-8
- RoHS 3 (EU 2015/863)
- ISO 9001: 2015
- ISO 14001: 2015
- OHSAS 18001
- You can run an 8-gauge (8 AWG) wire about 100 feet without experiencing any voltage drop as long as the total wattage of the fixtures connected to it is 100 Watts or less.
- If you’re installing outdoor lighting, check your cable and connectors are listed as suitable for direct burial. This will mean they’re resistant to corrosion, sun damage, and other weather-related problems over time.
Splicing Recommendations: Wire splices are the weak link of any electrical circuit. It is especially important to make proper joints in landscape lighting systems because the joints are exposed to wet and damp environments that can cause corrosion of the copper conductor, premature failure, and fires. Syston Cable Technology recommends the strict use of Model DBR/Y-6, as manufactured by the 3M Company, or Silicone-filled wire nuts as manufactured by IDEAL Industries