- Cable Description: Premium 18/4 Security Cameras, Control, Sound & Alarm Cable
- Brand: EZ-Pull® from Syston Cable Technology
- Conductor: Stranded Bare Copper
- Number of Conductors: 4 (Twisted)
- Size: 18 AWG
- Insulation: Premium Polyolefin (Flame-Retardant & RoHS Compliant)
- Conductor Color Code: 1. Black 2. Red 3. White 4. Green
- Shielding: Aluminum Foil/Mylar (Aluminum Side Contact Drain Wire)
- Drain Wire: Tinned Copper
- RipCord: Applied longitudinally under the jacket
- Jacket: Premium PVC (Flame-Retardant, Sun-Resistant & RoHS compliant)
- Nominal Cable Diameter (in): 0.220
- Temperature Rating (°F)
Installation: +32 to +140 Storage & Operation: -4 to +167
- Lengths available: 500 ft, 1000 ft
- Color options: White or Gray
- Custom cable constructions, lengths, colors, and packaging are available.
With the wide variety of wires Syston Cable Technology carries, you are sure to find a security, control, sound, and alarm cable well-suited to even the most challenging application.
So, if you’re looking for a good quality and affordable cable for security cameras (or other security systems), burglar alarms, PA systems, communications systems or any other low-voltage, power-limited applications, our premium security cable is certified hazardous substance-free, fire-retardant, sunlight-resistant and easy to install with an outstanding tangle-free design and handy features like clear print legend and E-Z footage markings to make installation an absolute breeze, and suitable in a wide range of applications while also being cost-effective. Order yours now.
If you have any questions about our products or services, please feel free to contact us via our website or Facebook page.
Our premium 18/4 stranded copper, shielded riser cable for security cameras, security systems, PA systems, and low-voltage lighting systems has many strengths:
- Pure Copper: Our cable is constructed with flexible stranded pure copper conductors for maximum conductivity and reliability, ensuring your system runs smoothly
- Shielding Technology: Our cable uses the latest available shielding technology (including an overall shield and drain wire), which will protect your system from electromagnetic interference (EMI) and other circuits ‘noise’ that could otherwise negatively affect your system’s performance or even make your system fail at a crucial moment. (Note that insulation doesn’t provide any protection against EMI or any other types of signal interference.)
- 300V (CL3) Rated: Our cable is rated at 300-Volt and classified as a Class-3 (CL3) Power-Limited Circuit Cable. This means that it can carry a surge of up to 300 watts, making it a reliable choice for even the most demanding applications.
- Flexible and easy to strip, so you or your customers can easily install it, even around tight corners
- RhinoPac® packaging, so the cable won’t get tangled during installation and crushed or damaged by water during transport or storage, and so it’s easy to hold the box while you’re installing the cable
- A ripcord underneath the jacket, to make it easy to remove during installation
- Third-party verified for guaranteed performance, so it will stand up to your needs or those of your customers
- Legend markings for channels, rooms, and zones so installation is faster and easier
- Ascending and descending E-Z footage markings, so there’s no need for a measuring tape during installation
- CL3R (Riser-Rated) Flame-retardant jacket, for peace of mind in case of fire
- Install Friendly: With its round slick jacket and smooth edges, our cable is easy to pull through rough corners and edges. Plus, with a rip cord underneath the jacket, it is effortless to remove during installation.
- Sunlight Resistant & RoHS Compliant: Our cable is designed for both indoor and outdoor use, and complies with the UL 1581 sunlight resistance requirement for outdoor installations. It is also RoHS compliant, ensuring it is safe for the environment.
- This cable has a thick insulation and is rated to 300-Volt and is classified as a Class-3 (CL3) Power-Limited Circuit Cable. (CL3 cables can carry a surge of up to 300 watts, while CL2 can only carry a surge of up to 150 watts. A CL3-rated cable can take the place of any CL2, however, a CL2 cannot take the place of a CL3)
- Versatile: Our cable is suitable for use with a variety of devices including stepper motors, CNC machines, NEMA motors, VFD spindles, CNC routers, 3D printers and many more
- Multiple Applications: Our cable is not limited to industrial applications, it is also perfect for wiring burglar alarms, public address systems, intercoms, telephone stations, communications, instrumentation, access control, nurse call, security and other low voltage circuits
- Wide Temperature Range: Our cable is built to withstand a wide range of temperatures, making it suitable for installation anywhere in North America
Our premium 18/4 stranded, shielded riser cable for security cameras, other security systems, PA systems, and low-voltage lighting systems complies with the following national and international standards:
- NEC: 725 & 800
- UL Standard: UL 13 & UL 444
- Flame Rating: UL 1666 (Riser); CSA C22.2 No.2556 (FT4)
- ASTM B-3 & B-8
- RoHS3 (EU 2015/863)
- ISO 9001: 2015
- ISO 14001: 2015
- OHSAS 18001